Tuesday, January 22, 2013


Plate of Seattle Blog
dishing up interesting Seattle tidbits:  home kitchen projects, traveling, local  food
The Pacific Northwest has become my new home.  Being new to Seattle, I decided to explore this fine city and learn about among other things, the food, neighborhoods, activities and culture found in the abundant wealth of local farm fresh and creative artistry.
I am a retired chef and the experience of “food” including where it comes from, how it is made or created, what was the inspiration behind the dish or item are just a few ways of looking at why and how eating has become such an identity for a lot of people.  Although fine foods have played an important role in my professional life, it is the influence of the food culture i enjoy most.  To eat something and express a simple yum, wow or other form of appreciation is only a small tip of the process that brought that moment to my taste buds.  Like most people the moment you sit down and start to eat is what we all await.  I want to go beyond that and into the journey.
I intend to bring to this blog the journey as it unfolds.  I care about health, value, artistry, history, travel.  In other words, i will hope to convey the complete journey of interesting and notable facts surrounding the simple art of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment